Keeping our residents safe, healthy, and happy is always our number one goal. That’s why we would like to take ...
Bonaventure was founded on the belief that a senior living community needs to meet the highest standards–yours. That’s why we've made it our mission to deliver quality and value in a place where life can be lived to its fullest. Born in the Northwest, we’re a family-owned venture with a small business spirit and a big heart. We take great pride in serving seniors and truly care about each person who calls this "home". Our story is written by our residents. And we want the next chapter to be as fulfilling as the last.
What to Expect When Moving to an Independent Living Facility
It’s normal to feel apprehensive about moving to a new place, a senior assisted living community. You don’t know what to expect, and you’re unsure of whether the lifestyle will be right for you. The more you know about what your new life adventure will be like, the more comfortable you will feel about this new phase of your life. Many of our senior living residents liken their new living arrangements to the best of vacation life, home life, and college dorm life—all rolled into one!
- You get the joys of vacation life, such as cleaning services, laundry services, transportation services, and dining services. You won’t have to waste time taking care of unenjoyable tasks any longer. You can spend your time doing the things you love with the people you care about.
- You get the coziness of home life, with access to family members, a private room, a library, gardens, a fitness room, and so much more. No day will ever be boring because daily activities are waiting for you to partake.
- The fun of a college dorm experience is also present, with instant access to new friends steps from your door. You don’t have to wait for scheduled visits for friendly companionship. You can find friends at meals, at in-facility activities, or during outings in the community. Your social life could be better than ever!
Questions to Ask When Touring Our Long-Term Care Facilities
You will probably have tons of questions to ask when you come by our senior care facilities for a tour, but it’s common for questions to fly out of your head during the tour. We’ve put together a list of questions you could bring along with you, so you won’t have any unanswered questions when you leave.
- What is the cost of assisted living?
- What are my room options? Will I have to share a bathroom?
- Am I able to bring my pet to an elder care independent living facility?
- What’s the ratio of staff members to residents?
- What types of common areas are present at the facility?
- Activities of daily living are important to me. What types of activities are available?
- What types of adventures or recreational activities do you offer?
- How will you address my specific needs? Do you provide additional services that other retirement communities don’t provide?
- Many retirement homes say they have skilled nursing care. How many nurses do you have on staff?
- If I have Alzheimer’s disease, is Bonaventure residential care a good choice for me?
- Do you provide different levels of care depending on my specific needs?
- I’m looking for a pet-friendly, comfortable home with caring staff. Have I come to the right place?
- Social activities and group activities are important to me. Is Bonaventure a fun place to be?
- I’m nervous about whether a senior care living facility will be a good fit for me. How do you make new residents feel welcome?
- Do I qualify for long-term care insurance?
- I’ve heard Bonaventure has luxurious apartment homes that are wonderful places to live, but will I receive quality care that addresses my individual needs?