At Bonaventure Senior Living, we understand that finding a good place for your loved one to live, while also having the peace of mind that they’re being cared for, is very important to you. That’s why we take a more hands-on approach to our memory care lifestyle than other senior living communities.
What is Memory Care?
Memory care, for those that need Alzheimer’s care and dementia care, is a specific type of retirement living that focuses on one moment at a time. Putting your family member in memory care can be a very hard decision to make for your loved one. For the most part, there are doctor’s diagnoses that encourage this type of specialized care.
Signs Memory Care May Be Needed
Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other memory-related cognitive disorders can progress from minor to severe over time. This process will typically also give family members clues that memory care may be the best option for everyone.
- Confusion – Everyone gets confused every now and again. However, with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, the confusion can be much more extreme. For example, things like: difficulty speaking, not knowing where they are or what they’re doing, losing things, and not knowing who important people are.
- Personal Health and Hygiene – When your family member’s personal health or hygiene begins to become compromised, then it may be time to consider memory care, also known as Alzheimer’s care. Forgetting vital medication, not bathing, toileting issues, and any other health and hygiene issues can be detrimental to the health and quality of life of your loved one.
- Becoming Lost – Getting lost can be a normal thing, but those with dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other cognitive brain disorders will frequently get lost in places that they would not normally. This can be a huge safety issue.
Of course, there are often more signs that your loved one is ready for Alzheimer’s care, and at a Bonaventure Senior Living memory care community, we’re here to give you the peace of mind you want and the care and quality of life your family member needs and deserves.
The Latest and Greatest
Using the latest research, along with traditional tried-and-true methods, our memory care program brings about a personalized, tailored services. Each individual is different, with different needs, care, and wants. We understand that. So with our memory care, we utilize a person’s personal interests, achievements, faith, history, and family to create a unique and individualized approach. We take it one moment at a time and we do it with the dignity that your loved one deserves. That’s the Bonaventure difference!
Using the following, we’re able to create a meaningful day-to-day experience for our memory care residents.
- The Best Care – Our team is trained in the latest techniques, using methods that have been effective over time, and those that have evolved. Using a network of highly specialized individuals, our team members are constantly being updated and given knowledge to effectively create an atmosphere of compassion, quality of care, and knowledge that rivals any other senior living community’s memory care.
- Family – You are an essential part of the equation. You can provide the person’s history, interests, likes and dislikes, faith, and more, allowing our care to be better tailored to the individual. You can play a huge role.
- Research – A constant flow of research into dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and memory care techniques can keep things ever-changing. With a mixture of training, design, environment, science, and compassion, Bonaventure Senior Living’s memory care, or Alzheimer’s care, is able to provide your loved one with a quality of life not available everywhere.
Tailored For Your Loved Ones
Our tailored approach includes fun and engaging activities that focus on cognitive development, training, and exercise. These types of brain activities have been shown to slow the progression of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other cognitive brain disorders. Music, art, crafts, and more are featured daily, as these types of activities are not only beneficial to your loved one, they provide a fun experience that is sure to put a smile on their face. Couple these things with things like: animal therapy, entertainment and performers, aromatherapy, reminiscing therapy, and more.
Our team members are trained in not only handling the Alzheimer’s care aspect, but also the finer things, like medication management, dressing, toileting, hygiene, dietary, activities, fitness, and lots more. We truly take an approach that ensures that all avenues are being handled. This helps give you peace of mind, but it also gives your loved one the respect, dignity, and care that they deserve. It’s that simple.
The Best in Memory Care
Our memory care community has some of the best things, and our satisfaction rate shows it (96%).
- Private or semi-private rooms
- Healthy, delicious meals
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- 24-hour assistance
- Emergency call systems
- Locked community
- Activities that nourish the mind and bodies
- Lots more
At Bonaventure Senior Living’s memory care community, your family is our number one priority. We create a place that feels like home, with team members that show compassion, care, and fill the days with purpose and laughter. We understand how difficult facing aging and memory loss can be, especially the fear and sadness that comes with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or other forms of cognitive disorder. We’re here for you, your loved one, and it’s our goal to make sure that the care they receive is the best possible.
Our memory care communities are constantly finding the best ways to provide stellar care for the ones that need it most. We believe that they are the greatest generation and we aim to ensure that they get the dignity, respect, and care they deserve.
We encourage you to stop into one of our communities and take a tour. Discover for yourself how memory care at Bonaventure Senior Living is different. See for yourself how our approach to Alzheimer’s care is one of the best in the industry. We are here for you. That’s something we like to call Retirement Perfected.